Giving the best food will make your favorite cat happy and more familiar with you. Like humans, cats need calories, nutrients, vitamins, and minerals to grow healthy. So, the food you give must also have all of these ingredients. Good cat food is usually rich in protein and low in carbohydrates.
Because cats are carnivorous animals, so their bodies are designed to process proteins better. And, cats don't have several enzymes that are usually found in the digestive system of omnivores. In essence, if a cat gets too much carbohydrate intake, his digestive system can be disrupted. Give your cat the best grain free cat food to keep it healthy.
Food for Adults and Kittens is Different
Actually, giving kitten adult food doesn't seem to be a problem. Kittens will not die if given adult cat food. However, don't take for granted. Kittens need food with high levels of vitamins, minerals, calories, and protein.
Usually, kittens require two to three times more content than adult cats. What will happen if the content is not fulfilled? There are many negative effects that can occur. From digestive problems, obesity, difficulty eating, to being too thin.
Choose the Best Brand Based on Your Needs
Choosing the best cat food is not an easy thing. You can find lots of brands sold on the market with the title number one or best choice. What are the characterizes of a product that can be said to be the best? The answer depends on what your favorite cat needs. If he needs calcium, then you have to provide foods that are rich in calcium content. If your cat needs higher protein, then products with high protein content are the most perfect for him.
Here is a review of some of the best grain-free cat food brands that can meet your cat's nutritional needs
The 5 Best Grain Free Cat Food 2019
1. Farmina Natural and Delicious Grain-Free Cat Food.
Food quality determines the health of your cat. Every Farmina product is made with the best ingredients that contain protein, fat, and carbohydrates based on daily nutritional needs.
Natural & Delicious Grain-Free formula consists of 30% vegetables, fruits, vitamins and minerals and 70% animal ingredients. This product uses better quality protein sources that have no bone, so ash is as low as 7.80%, and calcium and phosphorus levels are controlled.
- Farmina Pet Food USA
This product uses fresh ingredients, not frozen, to keep the nutritional content optimal. Farmina uses a low glycemic formula, so it is a good choice for pets who need food that will not increase blood sugar. All of ofFarmina's protein sources consume GMO-free diets and are all hormone and antibiotic-free.
Also, it does not contain peas, lentils, pea proteins, beans, or additional vegetable oils. Natural omega fatty acids promote healthy skin and coat while adding pomegranates and berries are rich in antioxidants to help fight free radicals.
The high protein content is very important to maintain the health of obligate carnivores, such as cats. 97% of N & D protein Farmina comes from quality animal sources. Introduce this food slowly so that your cat's digestive system can adapt.
All Farmina protein sources contain GMO-free, hormone-free, and antibiotic-free foods. There is a lot of natural oil in the product, if your cat likes a clean bowl, put some crumpled paper towels at the bottom of the bag to absorb some of the oil. The price is quite high, but if you consider the health of your cat, the price is worth the quality.
- Has an adequate protein amount
- 97% of the protein comes from quality animal sources
- Grain-free dry cat food with quality non-GMO ingredients
- There is a lot of natural oils in the product
2. Purina Beyond Grain-Free Ocean Whitefish and Egg Recipe Dry Cat Foods.
It's important to know what your cat eats. Do these foods use natural ingredients, contain important nutrients, and do not contain harmful substances. Purina uses simple ingredients, but the thought behind the recipe is not. Every ingredient used provides natural nutrients and essential nutrients to help your cat become healthier.
By using Whitefish ocean as the main ingredient and combined with protein (chicken meat, pea protein, and eggs), Purina is a complete and balanced nutritional food suitable for adult cats. This product is a grain-free, gluten-free dry cat food that is suitable for cats that are sensitive to these ingredients.
Purina dry cat food also does not contain corn, wheat, soybeans, side dishes of poultry products, or add artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives. This product also contains Taurine and amino acids, which help support normal heart muscle function and vision. In addition, containing nutrient-dense sweet potatoes also adds an extra boost to your cat. From using natural ingredients selectively, Purina Beyond ensures that the food given to your pet has premium quality and complete nutrition.
- 5 Lb. Bag - Purina Beyond Grain Free Ocean Whitefish & Egg Recipe Adult Dry Cat Food
- Packaging May Vary
- Real Ocean Whitefish Is The #1 Ingredient
- Grain-Free Solution For Your Cat'S Daily Diet
- Made Without Corn, Wheat Or Soy
The Purina nutritionist team selects each ingredient and supervises each recipe from beginning to end to make foods that are rich in nutrients and very easy to digest, so there is no need to add vitamins, minerals, or other supplements unless specifically directed by a veterinarian.
Purina Beyond is perfect for your cat on a diet. Besides being free of grains, the taste of Ocean Whitefish is also one of the favorites of cats. Made using fresh ingredients makes Purina Beyond a food that is suitable for your cat who has sensitive digestion. The price is also not too high when compared to the results your cat gets.
- Made with natural ingredients
- High protein contain
- Free of wheat, corn and dangerous chemicals
- Affordable prices
- There are no cons that appear, and all cats love it, except for a small number of cats that are very sensitive
3. Merrick Backcountry Huge Grain-Free Wet Cat Food – Real Beef Recipe
Merrick Backcountry not like the average wet food you usually find. Based on a grain-free recipe, Merrick Backcountry is made from the original pieces of beef. The food is rich in protein, and all the nutrients your cat needs.
Also, it coupled with delicious sauce recipes that can make your cat eager to eat it. Merrick Backcountry contains quality protein obtained from beef and packaged with original broth, so it provides delicious moisture to keep the cat's body hydrated and supports the health of the urinary tract.
- Huge Variety Pack - Try All 6 Flavors Before Committing To A Case
- Real meat is the #1 ingredient
- Made in the USA
- Protein-Rich Morsels In Gravy Packaged In A Convenient Pouch Format For A Single Serving Size
- Each order comes with an EXCLUSIVE pet paws notepad
Merrick Backcountry is made using real beef and is grain-free, so it is a suitable cat food to support muscle performance and activity of your cat. Besides, the recipe uses beef and lamb, which add flavor that can be found in the wild.
Its delicious sauce is an important point that will be liked by picky cats and added with the original broth to provide important daily hydration.
The content of omegas works for healthy skin and fur, plus taurine, vitamins, and minerals for overall body well-being. This product is safe for consumption by various types of cats because it does not contain food coloring and harmful chemical content.
In addition to the original beef flavor, Merrick Backcountry has five other flavors, namely chicken, whitefish, turkey, duck, and rabbit.
This brand does not use byproducts, additives, gluten, or any artificial ingredients so sensitive cats can eat it.
Merrick Backcountry Grain-Free contains a lot of protein and is low in fat compared to other cat food brands. Because it contains a lot of sauce, this food is suitable for cats who don't like to drink water. Some sensitive cats don't like this taste. You can mix it with other flavors to get a better taste.
- Use real beef
- Rich protein and nutrients
- Additives-free and gluten-free
- Contains omega that produces healthy skin and fur
- Some cats don't like the taste, so you have to mix it with other flavors
4. Earthborn Holistic Monterey Medley Grain-Free Cat Food
Your cat needs holistic nutrition to develop well, and Earthborn Holistic Monterey Medley Grain Free is a cat food product that is suitable for meeting this nutritional intake. Inspired by the needs of true carnivores, this product is made by containing lots of protein to trigger explosive growth.
Earthborn Holistic uses skipjack, which is very easy to digest and mackerel as the main ingredient. Every bite feels good because the sauce is delicious and contains all the nutrients your cat needs to grow well. The nutrients contained in it are vitamins, omegas, and taurine.
- Includes 3 cans of Harbor Harvest Salmon & Whitefish, 3 cans of Chicken Catcciatori, 3 cans of Monterey Medley Skipjack Tuna & Grilled Mackerel, and 3 cans of Catalina Catch Mackerel with Shrimp (12 Cans Total, 3 Ounces Each)
- Shredded texture; rich in omega 3 fatty acids
- Filled with wholesome antioxidant nutrient-rich natural vegetables and fruits
- Excellent source of high-quality protein
- Includes 1 Pet Buddies Cat/Dog Food Silicone Can Cover in green or blue to keep your pet food fresh while containing unwanted odors; has 3 built-in rings to fit all 3 popular sizes of canned pet food; BPA Free
Earthborn Holistic contains formulas for adult cats and kittens because they contain proteins from skipjack and mackerel, which are the main ingredients to support muscle growth.
Besides being easy to digest, this product has a high nutritional value, such as vitamins and minerals, which are very good for forming the body's immunity. These foods also contain Taurine, which is good for heart health and your cat's vision. The content of omega-3 and 6 fatty acids serves to nourish the skin and fur.
Natural fibers contained in them are also good for supporting digestive health. This product is also good for cats with sensitivity or food allergies because it is free of grains or anything that is made up and supports the health of the urinary tract because there is lots of moisture from the original broth.
You can use it as the cat's main food or a side dish.
- Suitable for cats and kittens
- Easy to digest
- Rich in broth, so it is good for the urinary tract
- Available in various flavor choices
- Safe for cats that have allergic and sensitive digestion
- Some of the chunks are a bit large, just slice them up, so your cat doesn’t choke.
IAMS Perfect Portions Grain-Free Indoor Pate` Salmon Recipe
IAMS Perfect Portions is the solution for you to feed your cat with the perfect portion. Now you don't have to bother measuring food for your favorite cat. IAMS Perfect Portion is packaged in a comfortable and easy to open palette style that eliminates the mess of leftover food in your fridge.
Your cat will definitely love the blend of salmon and chicken flavors that increase appetite. This product is grain-free and made without artificial preservatives. In addition, IAMS Perfect Portion is also equipped with vitamin E to support the immune system, as well as dietary fiber and prebiotics for healthy digestion. This food is ideal served as a complete meal or an attractive topper on dry kibble to add variety to the food.
- IAMS PERFECT PORTIONS
- GRAIN FREE
- INDOOR PATE` SALMON RECIPE
- 4-TRAYS = 8 INDIVIDUAL SERVINGS
- NET WT 1.3 OZ (37.5g) EACH SERVING
IAMS Perfect Portions are made using real Salmon and chicken to give you a taste like real meat that your cat will love. Deliberately formulated to provide complete and balanced nutrition, this product uses a recipe that is free of healthy grains and without artificial preservatives.
In addition, each bite is enriched with vitamin E to form a strong immune system, as well as dietary fiber and prebiotics to support digestive health. In addition, IAMS Perfect Portion is presented in a practical and safe package so that it is not easily spilled if you store it in the refrigerator.
Buyer's Guide to Buy Cat Food - Important Points to Buy The Best Product.
Choosing the best cat food for your favorite cat can be a challenging task. Cats are carnivorous animals, so they have very large protein requirements. These animals are known to be voters about food and always check food by smelling it first. So you must be careful before deciding on the best type of food for your cat.
How to Choose the Best Cat Food Products?
There are three types of cat food which are wet, dry, and raw food. You can choose from these three types of foods which ones are preferred by your cat. Besides being like, these foods must also be able to meet your cat's nutritional needs. The points in choosing the best food are:
- Cats are carnivorous animals. Cat food with high protein content is very good for them. Choose products that use meat as the main ingredient.
- Choose a grain-free one. Cats are sensitive animals, especially for grains such as corn, wheat, or soybeans. Give food that contains seeds because it can trigger allergies in cats.
- Avoid foods that contain by-products.
Maybe for us, it doesn't matter if the cat eats containing by-products (bones, skin, and similar), but actually, the quality of the by-products is often questioned. Give your cat food that does not contain a by-product to maintain its digestive health.
What is the Right Way to Feed Cats?
1. Choosing Cat Food.
- Get to know the basic nutritional needs of cats. An adult-sized cat needs an average of 250 calories a day with balanced protein, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, and minerals. Cat calorie needs to depend on size, weight, and level of activity.
- Determine whether to use canned food or dry food. Usually, it doesn't matter if the cat eats dry food, plus drinking large amounts of clean water. If you are unsure of your cat's needs, consult a veterinarian for help.
- Occasionally combine canned food and dry food. Using a combination of wet and dry foods can help cats to get fluid intake better than just eating dry food. Some cats are food pickers; variations in food can make them like it.
2. Know the special needs of your cat.
- Find out if your cat has obesity. Being overweight can lead to health problems such as diabetes, joint disease, and blood circulation problems in cats. You can find out whether your cat needs to lose weight or not by touching his stomach. If you can't feel the ribs near the top and sides of the abdomen, your cat may be overweight.
- Consider giving food based on the stage of growth. Food supply for cats are different, depending on the stage of growth, so feeding cats according to each stage is important. There are three stages of life to consider when choosing food, namely kittens, adult cats, and old cats.
3. Make a feeding schedule.
- Make a consistent feeding time. When deciding what type of food to give to cats, make regular and consistent feeding schedule. Regular feeding routines will help cats feel happy and comfortable.
- Control meal portions. There is no legal standard about how much food should be given because of variations in size, age, activity level, and weight of the cat. Use the feeding guide on food packaging or the manufacturer's website for reference. Adjust the amount based on the body weight and cat's response. Feed them with the same amount because it can help you monitor your cat's appetite and quickly recognize changes.
Grain-Free is Always The Best. Why?
Grains such as corn, wheat, and rice are the basic ingredients for making cat food. Many don't know that these grains can cause problems for cats. Some cats are proven to be sensitive to grains.
That's because grains have several antinutrients, and cats can't digest them. Research states that the anatomy and physiology of a cat's body are not suitable for metabolizing the grains or substances contained in it.
In a cat's body, the seeds are not completely digested if the amount is excessive, and this is what can cause allergies. The benefits of providing grain-free feed are:
- Feed grain-free contains more protein needed by the cat's body.
- This carbohydrate in grain-free feed comes from potatoes or tapioca but is not the main ingredient (in limited quantities).
- Some cats are allergic to seeds. Giving your cat grain-free food can help reduce the risk of allergies.
- The need for protein is quickly fulfilled with grain-free feed because it is made from selected meat or fish raw materials. Indeed, the price is higher, but because the grain-free feed has a high protein content, cats will feel full even though they eat a small portion.
- Suppress the risk of obesity. Excessive carbohydrate buildup will cause obesity. Therefore, grain-free feed is very good for maintaining an ideal cat's weight.
Basically, cats eat to meet their protein intake. If the protein needed by the body is considered sufficient, the cat will stop eating. Otherwise, if the protein needed is not sufficient, the cat will continue to eat. That can actually happen if you feed them with a poor quality feed.
Quality cat food can meet protein needs in cats, although the portion is smaller. You need to feed your cat a balanced diet that he likes, so your cat will eat it. There is nothing wrong with researching by trying different foods. See if you can find something better for your cat. Use the best grain-free cat food to keep your cat healthy.